A young dog, as well as a teenager, has an immature mind in almost adult body. The process of puppy’s growing, as well as maturation of a child is uneasy, and your problem consists in helping your pet to endure it trouble-free.
Dog’s instincts are extremely developed; because of it dogs do not always understand human priorities. Let’s take a look at some processes occurring in a body and in the mind of a young dog.
1. Permanent teeth erupt, that’s why your dog needs to chew constantly. This desire is so great that if your dog does not have toys, it will use any things meeting to it for chewing, including furniture and any expensive subjects. That’s why it is extremely important to buy good toys for chewing. Some dogs do not feel drawn to chewing, but later it can have problems with tooth system. If earlier you had a dog, which did not spoil your things, you can decide that your new dog is the true barbarian, while it is more normal.
2. Growth can distress your dog. In certain cases it even needs treatment, while in others this is only a slackness.
3. Formed growth zones are more accident-prone, and this means again, that you must limit movements of a dog while it does not become more adult.
4. Young dog should learn to understand its possibilities, but also restrictions for learning to live in the world.
5. The organism of a young dog produces much more testosterone than that of an adult dog. So, excessively masculine behavior is shown during this period, this is a craving for spraying, vagrancy, and aggression to other dogs.
6. In this age, she-dogs is firstly on heat, this leads to playful and coquettish behavior in relation to dogs, vagrancy, frequent urination, false pregnancy and aggression to another she-dogs.
7. In this age dogs have a mechanism of self-defence, and the fears received by a young dog, can lead to phobias or aggression, which an adult dog can get.
8. Other dogs start to interpret a young dog as a competitor and even show aggression. Dog-teenager starts to search for its place, and not always this process passes smoothly.
What is it possible to do? The teen-age of a dog is a good possibility for establishing good and strong relations in your family. You should only continue that educational process which you began when your dog was a small puppy.
Time frames of adolescence depend on dog’s breed, heredity and specific features. It is very hard to understand whether its behavior is some stage which it is possible to pass and forget about, or it is already a part of its character.
It is good, if you have a friend, who is a skilled owner and will help you to overcome teenage problems of your dog. You can correct the character of your dog at this time, but if you do something wrong, it can become worse.
Pets are not just “alive” beings that live with us, pet are far beyond that notions. And you are really responsible for them. Those of you who have dogs, must know info about dog health. This is not a bizarre statement, this is what your pet really needs from you.
And a real dog lover should understand today the online technologies give you a truly unique chance to choose exactly what you need for the best price on the market. Strange, but most of the people don’t use this chance. In real practice it means that you must use all the tools of today to get the info about dog health.
Search Google or other search engines. Visit social networks and check the accounts that are relevant to your topic. Go to the niche forums and join the online discussion. All this will help you to build up a true vision of this market. Thus, giving you a real chance to make a smart and nicely balanced decision.
And also sign up to the RSS on this blog, because we will do the best to keep updating this blog with new publications about “dogs health issues” issues and other crucial topics about dogs.