Efficiency of the first aid depends on how well and quickly you spot the reason of trauma or disease, dispose deleterious effect and assess a severity of your dogís condition. Donít be thoughtless. If you have doubts about something, it is better to refer to an expert.
As a rule, lapdogs, because of their friendly character, are not bitten by their congeners. Owners of decorative doggies are careful not to let their pets be bitten, because such fights, which are absolutely safe for large combative dogs, can turn out to be a tragedy for a small toy terrier or Chihuahua. Little dogs have fragile bones and can be injured even in a small scuffle.
But if your doggie actually showed unusual aggression or became a victim of aggression of another dog, knowledge about first aid will be necessary for you.
1) debride a wound by hydrogen peroxide.
2) swab the wound with iodine.
3) dress a wound, apply sterile dressing.
4) consult a vet immediately, especially if your pet was bitten by a stray dog. In this case toy terrier or Chihuahua must be examined for lyssa.
A bite inflicted by a snake is a rarity. However, it happens. In such situation speed of your response and your knowledge are very important. Remember, that snake venom poisoning progress quickly.
Symptoms: as a rule, there are two points on a place of a snakeís bite, however, it is very difficult to find it under hair. Thatís why it is necessary to search for cutaneous swelling and redness. As a rule, bitten doggie is disquiet, trembling, there can be vomiting or diarrhoeia. There are deglutitive problems. Intoxication occurs very quickly, thatís why symptoms quickly appear and increase.
1) If the bite was in the limb you must bind a tourniquet on its leg for 30-40 minutes.
2) Squeeze out as much blood as possible.
3) For slowing down an intoxication and suction of poison in blood, cauterisation of a place of a bite by carbolic acid, iodine and caustic alkalis is allowed. But always be careful!
4) Give your doggie some warm tea.
5) Deliver toy terrier or Chihuahua to the veterinary as soon as possible.
6) Inject anti-ophidic serum.
If your pet is stinged by bees, wasps or bumblebees, it is a problem. For decorative doggies not only numerous, but also individual stings can be dangerous. As a rule, wasps, bees and bumblebees sting in the nose or in the upper lip.
Symptoms: a doggie whines, suffering from an acute pain. Pet rubs a place of a sting, trying to get rid of the sting. Sting place quickly swells. Doggies become inert, can be vomiting.
1) First of all extract a sting.
2) Put on the place of sting cotton, wool or a sterile napkin moistened in spirit, hydrogen peroxide or in manganese solution for 20-30 minutes.
3) Paint with iodine.
4) Make a cold compress.
5) Give your doggie some warm tea.
Pets are not just “alive” beings that live with us, pet are a lot more important. And you are really responsible for them. Those of you who have dogs, must know info about dog health. This is not a bizarre statement, this is what your pet really needs from you.
And a real dog lover should understand today the web technologies give you a truly unique chance to choose exactly what you need at the best terms which are available on the market. Strange, but most of the people don’t use this opportunity. In real life it means that you should use all the tools of today to get the info about dog health.
Search Google or other search engines. Visit social networks and have a look on the accounts that are relevant to your topic. Go to the niche forums and participate in the online discussion. All this will help you to build up a true vision of this market. Thus, giving you a real chance to make a smart and nicely balanced decision.
P.S. And also sign up to the RSS on this blog, because we will everything possible to keep this blog tuned up to the day with new publications about “dog health issue” issues and other crucial topics about dogs.