Our animal pets, just like us, have the possibility of being sick sometimes. They do deserve the best treatment that they can get through a veterinarian. Just like us, our pets need to be brought to a veterinarian to determine its sickness and prescribe medicines that it needs in order to bring it back to its healthy condition. But what are the different medicines that our pets need in times that they are sick, and are it similar to the ones that we are taking?
Pet medicines are different in those we take. This is because the body composition of animals is very different from us, so the basis of manufacturing pet medicines from our medicines is the body composition of animals and the nature of the bacteria that causes our pet?s sickness. Once we take their medicines and vice versa, there is a possibility of poisoning due to irritation of some vital organs in the body. So it is a general rule that only medicine designed for pets should only be used, no other than that.
There are two general classification of pet medicine: the manufactured pet medicine and the herbal pet medicine.
? The manufactured pet medicines includes the following:
1. Live bacteria cultured for pets. This provides essential good bacteria to counteract with the bad bacteria that cause the sickness. It is also fortified with the necessary vitamins to nourish lost body nutrients of our pet. It is available in a syringe package.
2. Different pet tablets according to pet needs. These are chewable tablets that help to remove roundworms and hookworms in the body of our pets. These bacteria are the causes of major irritation on the vital organs of our pets. Depending on the veterinarian?s prescription, usually the affected pet intakes about an average of 2 tablets per 25-pound weight.
3. If your pet is itching because of different animal insects that reside in its furs, there are flea repellent and anti-itch gels that help to eradicate such itching and also to fix some minor skin problems.
4. There are also available antibiotics for our pet depending on the degree of its sickness. These antibiotics can only be taken upon prescription of the attending veterinarian. The reason for this is that if taken without prescription, it can lead to some serious side effects for our pets.
? Some of the herbal pet medication are described as follows:
1. The agrimony, a herbal plant native in Europe, is used mainly now as a gastrointestinal tonic to treat pets with digestive problems such diarrhea.
2. The aloe vera, is one of the most cultivated herbal plants in West Indies and other tropical countries. The clear gel within its leaves has excellent healing properties used for our pet?s burns and wounds.
3. The astralagus, a native herbal plant in northern and eastern China. It is used primarily for treating pets with various infections and illnesses in the liver, lungs, digestive tracks, and immune system of our pets because it contains antibiotic, antibacterial and immune-strengthening properties.
4. The bilberry is a perennial shrub that is abundant in Europe, Asia, and North America. It contains rich nutrients that can help to fix our pet?s eye disorder such as cataracts and useful for other pets suffering from arthritis and cramps.
5. The bistort is native to northern Europe, Siberia, Asia, and Japan. It is now used for pets with respiratory ailments and stomach disorders such as dysentery, diarrhea, and vomiting, and also good for pets suffering from parasites.
There are many pet medicines available, but it is important that we follow prescriptions from the veterinarian so that our pets can recover faster from its sickness.
Access useful knowledge about house train a dog – make sure to go through the web site. The time has come when concise info is really within your reach, use this possibility.