Minnor barking is allright,however excessive or uncontrolled barking can become annoying, if allowed to goon unsupervised. This will eventually lead to complains. One of the easiest and quickest ways how to Train A Dog To Stop Barking is to control your dogs need to in the first place.
Fact, all dogs bark, it is only their way to communicate. Dogs bark for loads of differnt reasons: to greet, to alert, out of boredom or frustration, to attract you or others attention or when excited.To answer the question “How To Train A Dog To Stop Barking“, especially when it has become a problem is difficult.
1. Get your dog to bark. Find out what starts him off on a regular basis. May be it is a ringing doorbell or knocking on your door.
2. When your dog starts , go up to your dog, give the command “quiet” or “stop” what ever command word you have settled on. Do not shout , it does not help.
3. If the command word “Quiet” stops him, praise and reward him.
4. If that does not work and he continues, put your hand around his muzzle and give the command for him to keep “quiet”. Again praise him if he stops. Most dogs will quickly learn the “quiet” command with repeated training such as this.
Consider other similar situations that your dog will start to bark and repeat this training technique whenever possible. If after repeated training sessions how to make a dog stop barking is still not working, Try this method:
1. Add water to a water pistol or squirter. A super-soaker kids water pistol is ideal for this.
2. Your goal is to aim at his body whenever he wont stop barking on your ” Quiet”command. Dogs hate water especially when its unexpected and will usually stop.
3. As in the first technique praise and reward him when he stops. These are just two simple techniques that you can put into action straight away when asking the question how to train a dog to stop barking.
Every dog is unique, and each dog expresses himself or herself differently. Some dogs will bark at everything, while others only bark on rare occasions. Do you have a dog whose barking is becoming a problem? Need some sound proven advice on how to train a dog to stop barking all most immediately? Then discover training methods that have helped thousands of dog owners worldwide solve their dog barking problems. You can have the peace and quiet you have been longing for in a matter of minutes.