1. If you get yourself a puppy, try to take down phones and addresses of the nearest veterinary clinics or private vets, living near you, as soon as possible.
2. If this is your first dog, we advise you to consult a vet concerning about the dog care and protecting its health. But advices of some dog breeders and especially of come-and-go people should be listened to with prudence.
3. Watch your puppy; study its habits and mores. During the walks look how your dog relieves itself, pay attention to color and consistence of urine and excrements. These facts can be useful for you in dialogue with a vet.
4. Attentively watch the behavior of a dog in the street, if you want to avoid traumas and poisonings. In an apartment, where a small puppy lives, it is necessary to hide all the small objects, medicinal agents and caustics. Try to make electric wires difficult of access for a puppy.
5. Feed your pet only with good-quality products. “Animal food”, vitamins and food supplements are better to buy in specialized shops. Do not run experiments on a stomach of your dog!
6. Follow the schedule of inoculations recommended to you by the veterinary surgeon, once a year make a preventive examination in clinic.
7. If you have any questions, have no scruple in disturbing your vet once again, try to get full information about your dog’s health.
8. Form a habit to examine your dog for scabies mites, scratches and abrasions every time after walk.
9. Remember, that biological age of your dog in comparison with your age changes fleetly, one-year-old dog is as a young man of twenty. Delaying consultation with the doctor for only 1 day, we, naturally, lose 2 weeks, and week of delaying is equivalent to non-rendering first aid to the young man during 4-5 months! Remember, that the life of your dog is shorter, then yours, and you ought to take care about your pet; make its life as comfortable as possible. Your puppy brings you joy, be a good master for it.
10. If your dog howls loudly and whines from a sharp pain, this can be a displacement. There are such symptoms: leg is raised, joint is sharply deformed, painfulness, inflammatory swelling, and local rise of temperature.
Do not try to set a bone on your own. You can do more harm than good to your dog.
First aid: muzzle and give a pain killer to the dog. If your dog feels violent pain, put a cold on the place of a dislocation (a package with frozen vegetables or a bottle with ice), dress a tight bandage and urgently carry a dog to a hospital, equipped with X-ray apparatus.
Continue treatment after surgical setting a bone to a disappearance of painful reaction.
Pets are not just “alive” beings that live with us, pet are a lot more important. And you are really responsible for them. Those of you who have dogs, must know info about dog health. This is not a bizarre statement, this is what your pet really needs from you.
And a real dog lover should remember today the web technologies give you a really unique chance to choose exactly what you require for the best price on the market. Funny, but most of the people don’t use this opportunity. In real practice it means that you must use all the tools of today to get the information about dog health.
Search Google and other search engines. Visit social networks and check the accounts that are relevant to your topic. Go to the niche forums and join the online discussion. All this will help you to build up a true vision of this market. Thus, giving you a real chance to make a smart and nicely balanced decision.
And also sign up to the RSS on this blog, because we will everything possible to keep this blog tuned up to the day with new publications about “dogs health issues” issues and other important topics about dogs.